Glasses with a sun clip: advantages and disadvantages and everyday tips
Nowadays glasses are not only indispensable for everyday use. They are also a modern fashion accessory to emphasize your look and personality. It is therefore important to choose a frame that best expresses your personality and style. Like clothes, glasses adapt to different circumstances and occasions in our lives. Whether for a happy occasion, a meeting or a family event, this accessory has become ubiquitous and indispensable to protect and correct the eyes, but also to be part of a lifestyle or a trend.
Some of you are definitely stuck with your glasses for one reason or another. Most often it is for the look of the frame, its texture or the materials it is made of. It is therefore important to choose sun clips to avoid unnecessary costs for multiple glasses. Clips adapt to many situations that arise in everyday life. So it is easy to enjoy the sun on the beach, on a terrace or while strolling. The use of sunglasses clips is versatile and with a little know-how you can convert your corrective glasses into modern sunglasses in no time at all. You can find out how to do this here.
How do I choose a suitable sunglasses clip?
The sunglasses clip has become a fashion accessory, so the attachment should match your frame. There are two types of clips: A magnetic clip that can be clipped directly onto your corrective lenses and clipped on and off as required. The second variant is a bit older and the clip on was attached directly to the upper part of the glasses by a hinge during production. You can press the attachment down at any time and you can transform the corrective glasses into sunglasses within a few seconds. Which variant you choose in the end depends on your needs.
When choosing, it is important that the size of the clip matches the frame and has the same glass shape. To know the exact dimensions, calculate the distance from temple to temple of the frame and the height of the glass. The dimensions of the clip are often slightly larger than those of the frame. Depending on your use, you can choose the glass color. It is important to consider trends, your eyesight and the strength of the light. It is also recommended that you opt for polarized lenses for better quality of vision and additional protection for your eyes from glare.
Polarized lenses, undeniable quality and health benefits
In contrast to conventional lenses, these offer almost complete protection against UV rays as well as glare protection and better perception of objects.
If you are looking for clips for professional use, you can also equip yourself with anti-blue light clips or against other nasty light sources. Anti-blue light clips are particularly recommended for people who frequently use screens, computers or tablets. Using a clip or anti-blue light glasses halves the effect of blue light.
What are the advantages of glasses with sun clips?
- UV protection:: With the clips, which are equipped with sunglasses lenses, you can protect yourself particularly against UV rays from 1 to 4 and depending on the quality of the selected lens. Be aware that UV rays can be the cause of various lesions that can affect vision, including cataracts, eye complications, retinal damage, macular degeneration, optic nerve atrophy, and retinitis pigmentosa.
- Use adapted to different situations: With the clip, you can immediately adapt to the place where you are on the go. This gives you the option of regaining the clarity of a sight glass inside when entering a house, bedroom or closed space and using the clip as soon as you are outside. This saves you unnecessary eye strain.
Thanks to the magnetic clips, you also have several accessories at the same time. You can adjust to the light intensity this way by switching from a gray to a brown clip with a single gesture.
- Clip on glasses protect your wallet: they are a useful and economical accessory. They offer you the option of only owning glasses. Polarized lenses give you a clearer view of objects and obstacles while driving. These glasses can protect you from glare and reflective surfaces.
- Guaranteed well-being when traveling: The other advantage of polarized lenses is the improvement in contrast. With a polarizing lens clip, you can better admire the landscapes and their colors, better distinguish the reliefs and contours of objects, and remove reflections.
What are the downsides?
While clip-ons are of great use in many situations, the fact remains that disadvantages are ascribed to them.
- Problems with adapting to frames: One of the disadvantages of these fashionable accessories is the problem of size. These clips do not fit all frames and you may need to buy a new one, which can be expensive for some opticians.
- The aesthetic effect may be compromised: in certain situations the clips on the face may appear oversized and extend over the temples of the frame, changing the aesthetic effect of the glasses. Some poorly adjusted or poorly managed sun clips can damage the frames or even the lenses.
Der ästhetische Effekt kann beeinträchtigt sein
In bestimmten Situationen können die Clips im Gesicht übergroß erscheinen und sich über die Schläfen des Rahmens erstrecken, wodurch der ästhetische Effekt der Brille verändert wird. Einige schlecht eingestellte oder schlecht gehandhabte Sonnenclips können die Rahmen oder sogar die Linsen beschädigen.
Some tips to choose from:
To find the clips tailored to your needs, you can trust us and find a varied selection of glasses that offer the best protection in our online shop. You also have the option to choose from known brands that have proven themselves in the field.
Configure your prescription glasses
Visionet offers over 10,000 sunglasses and glasses. You have the option to choose from a number of recognized brands in the field including Ray Ban, Hugo Boss, Guess, Etnia Barcelona, Police, Maui Jim, Gucci etc. In addition to the quality of the materials used, you have a choice of different colors and Lenses and UV protection. For the latter, you have the option of buying slightly dark lenses for UV1, moderately dark lenses for UV2 or dark or very dark lenses for UV3 and 4.
You also have the pleasure of combining pleasure with usefulness by choosing your dream glasses in our online shop. If you need a frame with clip-on, we have several models for you to choose from. Classic or fashionable models such as oversize, pilot, angular or butterfly shapes are included. The clip can also be equipped with various finishes such as gradient tints, reflections or self-tinting lenses.
Is the clip-on sunglasses also suitable for children?
If eye protection is essential for adults and children, they will need regular support to better protect their eyesight from the myriad of risks that arise every day, especially the rays of the sun. Children's habits and their unconscious actions are also a risk that needs to be considered especially when traveling. Like the accessories offered for adults, children can have glasses that protect against UV rays, reflections, light attacks and glare. For the little angels, you have the opportunity to offer them glasses that suit their age, daily needs and appearance.
Many manufacturers now offer the clip directly with some models. So you can do without the long and endless search and order the right clip directly.